Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Sunday, January 24, 2010

Where's George

We spent this afternoon in various rainy day activities. We made veggie soup and grilled cheese sandwhiches, played Mario Kart on the Wii, and worked awhile on my 1500 piece jigsaw puzzle. (okay, truthfully, I am the only one who worked on the puzzle. Andy ignored it completely, and the boys tripped over it several times, ruining all progress that I had made so far.... but that is what I get for putting the puzzle board on the floor so I could be with everyone!) Andy talked to his parents and I talked to mine. Our children talked to their parents too - haha!
We played a small portion of Lord of the Rings Monopoly, but the players dropped out one by one. It's amazing how the boys always claim they want to play that, but after two times around the board, they are pretty much done.

Andy spent some time messing around on the internet looking at motorcycles for sale. He goes through stages, and right now he is back in a "I really need a motorcycle" stage again. It's sad really, because I would love for him to have a motorcycle.

The one he found on Craigslist is this year model. (1965 Triumph Thunderbird) Different color, different seat... but very similar. See why I would love for him to have one? Really, I would. I think I would make a great biker chick. Can't you just see me perched up on the back of a bike, riding down the highway? But, every dime right now goes into the adoption fund. He knows that. Truly he does. But he gets distracted for a few minutes now and then. I can't blame him.
Unfortunately, I have to bring him back to reality.

Sometimes I really hate being the responsible adult. Can't someone else have that job for awhile?

Anyway, after I banished motorcycles from the search engine, Andy was just clicking around and stumbled upon a sight called Where's George.

The idea is to enter the serial number of a dollar bill, your zip code, and how you acquired the bill. Then, after you pass it along, hopefully someone else will do the same thing too. You can "follow it". Or, you can see if bills you already have in your pocket have been entered before.
I thought it would be a fun project for some of my homeschool friends.
Go, explore where you money has been. Besides making you want to wash your hands, it may teach you something cool!

I was just re-reading my entry before I posted it and laughed at myself. Truly, can I be any more of a jumble of personalities that don't seem to go together? I love reading and jigsaw puzzles, but also motorcycles and my greasy man who can take one apart and put it back together. Deep theological discussions as well as the latest vampire fiction. I don't think I fit in a mold...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Rainy days can be so much fun...not all in a row, but spread out, yes. I showed Josh the motorcycle, which of course, prompted him to show me the ones that he would like. Boys. I decided that I didn't like the backseats on the ones he liked so he decided he would look for one for me, but I wanted a girly one. So he searched in google "Sissy pink motorcycle for my wife." Funny guy....

Tricia said...

When the girls were little, we would put the monopoly game away whenever the first one tired of it, but we would put it away with a piece of paper that said who owned what, where they were on the board, how much money they had, and who was next in the order of play. That way, they could quit when they wanted to and eventually we would finish a game.

I think your blog entries are a perfect mishmash of the things that make you who you are, the things that make me want to meet you more each time I read your blog. :)

autumnesf said...

Your mishmash is very very similar to our mishmash. And glad to know I'm not the ONLY puzzle nerd out there. LOL!

The motorcycle rule in our house is hubs can get one as soon as he has 3 million in life insurance.

Carrie said...

I like Autumn's rule about when they can get a motorcycle! ha ha ha!
I am SO happy that you are blogging more again that I don't care how many different things you jump around to talk about! It makes me feel like I'm really having a conversation with you!!!! ha ha!