Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Monday, August 12, 2013

And he's off...

 I spent some time recently being stressed. I tried not to be. I put effort into it.
 But guess what? I was still stressed. It took me a few days to remember how to fix it.

 Philippians 4:6 says "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving present your request to God."

 With Thanksgiving.

 Romans 8:28 says "We know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose."

 In all things.

 I have had both those verses memorized for years. But I needed to read them again so that God could point out something new. Even after 30 years of earnestly seeking Him, there is new peace and joy just waiting.

 I have so much to ask for. Protect my husband. Keep me healthy. Guide my children.

 But if I trust that "all things work for good" then I need to remember to present my requests with thanksgiving. And I have even more to be thankful for. Strong, healthy, obedient children. Doctors that take me seriously and are willing to listen. An amazing husband who is my best friend also.

 As I have spent this last week praying about his trip to Afghanistan I have remembered to take the time to thank God first. And it has been so much easier.

 He is officially gone now and the 8 months have begun. So I know to say "Thank you Lord for a great start and for a man who is worth missing".

 All things work for good.

 I believe that!

 Blessings, 

No comments: