Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Sunday, September 15, 2013

A delayed update

 I'm back in GA again for a quick weekend trip. It was my niece's 3rd birthday yesterday. I am not allowed to post pictures of her, but I'll have to share that it was an adorable birthday party. Minnie Mouse everywhere! That little girl was very much prayed into existence and we celebrate every day of her, but birthday parties are extra special.
 After the rush of the party was over my boys claimed the couch, along with their (2nd) Uncle Josh. I couldn't resist this picture, with Canaan still in his Mouse ears. Those are some chillin' boys.

 I realized though, being back in GA again, that I never posted pictures of our last visit. Right after Andy left we spent a week visiting several places.
 Olympic Park, Atlanta
Braves Game with Uncle Kevin

 We stopped at Johnson Bible College in Knoxville, TN, to show the boys where my parent's lived when I was born. 
Married with children housing - 34 years later I think some of those same trailers were still there.  
Cool art in Berea, KY

 We took a break in Manchester, KY, where we lived when I turned 9 and Mary Faith was born. 
 This picture really isn't that great, but I can't find any others from Mary's first days. 

 We went a little farther north to "Binkley Caverns" in southern Indiana.
 Anyplace that shares our name has to be explored! 
You could "Pan for gold" after you explored the caves, and that was a blast!

Frisch's Big Boy - one of several in Indiana
The Patton museum at Ft Knox, KY
Really cool "motel" in KY. We drove by it and had to stop for pictures. I really want to stay there someday! 

 Louisville Slugger factory and museum in Louisville, KY
 They had a special display of baseball Legos. Very Very Cool! 
 This video is a little long, but shows some cool shots of the art. 

Next up, horseback riding. 



As I posted on Facebook, if you haven't ridden a horse in 20 years... don't. 
 My bum hurt for several days! 
I love this picture of my parents. 

 Bumper boats
 And the beautiful Opryland hotel

 A quick stop at a railroad museum

...then back to Nani and Papa's.

That was a great way to spend the first week 

The days are moving along. It has been a whole month now and we stay busy.
Andy does too. 
Life is good! 
Blessings, 

No comments: