Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Friday, April 03, 2015

Refuge

 Andy is currently attending the Captain's Career Course at Fort Leonard Wood. It is only a six month course, so settling in seems slightly pointless. We haven't hung any pictures and left half the books in boxes. We threw away the couch before we left Ft. Bragg, and have made do with bean bag chairs since we have been here. I don't even know where to look, in the stacks of storage, for Easter decorations.
 But still, when you live someplace, you can't help but settle in. I found a local market with fresh eggs and homemade jams. We joined a homeschool co-op, sharing classes like human anatomy and art. We even signed up for the Easter Play at the church we have been attending.
 I didn't plan on it, but I have settled.

 Yet, somehow, the military medical system has not joined me in that. In that area of my life I am not settled at all! It has taken over 2 months, 3 doctor appointments, and more phone calls to the front desk then I can even count - and I still don't have any of my diabetic supplies or seizure meds.

 I have met people here. Really nice people. However, I would not say I have made any friends. People I can talk to about homeschooling and military life - absolutely. Someone I can call and cry with - not so much. I can't say I have really tried, so I am not complaining - simply pointing it out.
 Last Thursday I was invited to a ladies Bible study. While chatting before hand I gave a quick summary of my complaints about medical help here, or the lack there-of. One of the ladies immediately pulled out her phone and texted a friend. That friend texted someone else, and I had new knowledge of who to talk to and what steps to take within minutes.
 This woman is not my friend. We barely know each other. But she took the time to make contact, find information, and pass it all along to me. She was the hands and feet of Christ in my life, right that moment, when I needed it. She was a friend.

 We talked about Psalm 2 that afternoon, and the verse that stood out to me was 2:12b. "Blessed are all who take refuge in Him."

 Refuge In: not refuge from. Refuge is not hiding. Protection does not mean unable to see, or be seen. I sometimes fool myself into thinking that when I find refuge it means I am not strong enough to shine His glory. That if I seek protection it means I am weak. But refuge IN Him does not mean refuge from everything else. I can have supernatural peace in the middle of extremely stressful moments and still be a shining light and a blooming flower.

 As the Message translation puts it, "if you make a run for God- you won't regret it."

 It has been over a week, again, and I still don't have the supplies I need. I talked to different people, made steps in the right direction, and still don't have the problem solved.

 Yesterday I was very VERY emotional about it. I cried on the phone with Liberty Medical, who actually mail me my supplies. I cried with Tricare, the insurance company. Then I called my mom and cried for her.
 What did crying accomplish? Nothing I guess... but I felt better getting it all out! And I was reminded, again, that I can take refuge IN my Savior, and still make noise and stand up for myself. Technically, I should be completely out of infusion sets. Should have been for days. And you cannot just walk into Walmart and buy them.
 But God works. I have gotten four days out of some, when usually I can only do three. I found two in a suitcase. Yesterday I remembered that I had one in the car (for emergencies!) They will not get here over the Easter holiday. But maybe early next week?

I take refuge in my God. I trust that He is involved, even when I cannot understand.

 I welcome your prayers. Yes, that this problem would be worked out. But even more so that I will remember to take refuge IN my God.

 Psalm 9:9+11 says "The Lord also will be a stronghold for the oppressed, A stronghold in times of trouble... Sing praises to the Lord, who dwells in Zion; Declare among the peoples His deeds." NASB

 So I sing His praises and declare His deeds. He is my stronghold. His part of the promise remains true. I will follow through with my part too. I will "Tell the world about His unforgettable deeds" NLT

 Thanks for listening!

Blessings, 

No comments: