Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Wednesday, April 08, 2015

Lost in the Woods

 I was re-reading some of my old posts, again. They really are more of a journal than anything. Watching my children grow, right on the computer screen, is bittersweet. When I started this blog Canaan had just turned 4 and Zion was not quite 2. Canaan will be twelve in just 5 weeks and Zion is now 9.
 When I first started writing, almost every word was "adorable", and worthy of posting. (of course!) Now, I think they would really prefer I not call them adorable...

 We live in base housing right now. The duplex itself is really nice, the neighbors are wonderful, and the street has lots of children. However, there is not much of a back yard, and what is there is NOT fenced in. So, Daisy has to be on a leash when she is outside.

 The up side (as well as the down side!) of that requirement is that I am forced to go outside with her. The snow days were really hard on this southern girl, but now that the weather has cheered up taking Daisy for a walk is a joyful experience.

Spring is here!

Color is popping up.

Things that were hidden now show their lovely faces.

And the promise of more to come shows prominently!

This base has a nickname.
"Fort Lost in the Woods"
These two pictures give an idea as to why it is called that. The top picture is about 100 yards from our back door. We come up with a different fun story on a regular basis about why a random concrete pad is in the middle of the woods.

This picture is a five minute walk from our house. 
Nothing in sight except trees! 

 But the beauty you can find while "lost in the woods" is unending. 

 Side note of proud mommy bragging: While on the above mentioned walk Canaan said "Mom, look at that interesting quadrilateral." When I quizzed his little brother as to what made the shape a quadrilateral and not a square, Zion answered correctly.
 My boys make me proud! Not so much "adorable" any longer, but definitely amazing young men.
 I am so very blessed!

Blessings to you, 

No comments: