Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Monday, January 12, 2009

On the way home...

 Today on the way home from homeschool co-op I had to suddenly slam on my brakes for an animal crossing the road. Now, I live about 20 minutes from base (which is where our co-op met this week) and the route I take meanders through the country. I have had to stop for deer, opossum, foxes, squirrels, cats, dogs, dead things that were unidentifiable, and even an armadillo once or twice.

 But today's animal made me laugh out loud.


(Disclaimer: This is not the actual chicken I saw - my camera was not with me. It's battery was being charged)

The eternal question returns to haunt us... Why did the chicken cross the road? 

6 comments:

Carrie said...

That is hilarious and I was amazed when I saw the photo and thought you had captured it!!!!!
"Excuse me, would you mind crossing back to the other side so I can get a picture this time?"
ha ha! Who knows...why...
Why does ANYONE cross the road, really?

Carrie said...

I just came back to look at that picture again. That makes me laugh!

Corey said...

I am so jealous of you on this one! I have seen a chicken cross a drive way one time, but never a road. Awesome!

Karen said...

That was priceless! My laugh for the day...

EmileeHope said...

Too funny!

Anonymous said...

That is so funny!
Becky