My new friend Mary (another one!) was talking about this mini-challenge on her blog, so, of course, I had to check it out. I thought it sounded like a brilliant plan, so I have decided to give it a go. When Andy is deployed I really don't sleep much - instead I read. I think that the year he was in Korea I read at least 100 books - probably more.
Of course, I have never had a blog before when he deployed. I may just write all the time this deployment!
This project asks for both reading and blogging, so it combines the best of both my loves. You can get more details by clicking the link, but the basic idea is over the course of the next 12 months to:
1. Read a collection of short stories.
2. Read a play.
3. Read a nonfiction book.
4. Read 2 essays from the same collection.
5. Go to a book event.
6. Borrow (and read) a library book.
7. Read a book by a "new to you" author.
8. Make a donation.
9. Promote literacy.
10. Participate in a buddy read or Group discussion.
11. Read a book outside your comfort level or from a genre you don’t normally read.
12. Read a classic (defined as anything published before 1970).
After completing each challenge, you blog about it. I would love for some of you to join me in this project, so check it out, okay?