Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Words of Wisdom

I have been told that my post earlier today was slightly harsh.  After stepping back and trying to look at it from a different point of view I realized that, although my opinion has not changed, and my views are still pretty much the same on "sharing the wealth" (and you'll have to take my word that I do my best to be educated, not just take "the party line". I don't even claim a political party!) - well, the story was a little harsh. And not in line with my personality - or at least not the person that I am trying to be. 
 The following words are a little more absolute. Scratch that - They are infinitely more absolute.  These are the words that I want to share.
They are truth.

"O Daniel, servant of the living God, is thy God whom thou servest continually, able to deliver thee?" Daniel 6:20

"How many times we find this expression in the scriptures, and yet it is the very thing that we are so prone to lose sight of. We know it is written "The Living God", but in our daily life there is scarcely anything we practically so much lose sight of as the fact that God is the living God; that He is now whatever he was three or four thousand years since; that He has the same sovereign power, the same saving love.... simply because He is the living God, the unchanging One. Oh how therefore we should confide in Him, and in our darkest moments never lose sight of the fact that He is still and ever will be the living God!" George Mueller

"Luther was once found at a moment of peril and fear, when he had need to grasp unseen strength, sitting in an abstracted mood tracing on the table with his finger the words, "Vivit! Vivit!" (He Lives! He Lives!") It is our hope for ourselves, and for His truth, and for mankind. Men come and go; leaders, teachers, thinkers speak and work for a season, and then fall silent and impotent. He abides. They die, but He lives. They are lights kindled, and, therefore, sooner or later, quenched; but He is the true light from which they draw all their brightness, and He shines forevermore." Alexander Maclaren

1 comment:

R said...

Harsh? Maybe, but it's harsh to take away from those have worked hard to give to those who refuse to work. Some NEED a hand, some just want a hand-out. We need to see the difference. I thought it was a great story~