Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Thursday, January 29, 2009

Dry Bones

It is never fun to admit it, but I have been very very wrong. 

Might as well just come out and say it first thing, get it out there. That makes the rest of the typing easier. 

I was convicted on Sunday. 

Big Time.

I shared about it last night at home group, but it seems that God wants me to share it on here too. Lovely....

Ezekiel 37 talks about a valley full of dry bones. Dead bodies, with the flesh eaten away, the organs gone, and the bones bleached by the sun. Completely and utterly USELESS. 

The Spirit lifts Ezekiel up, takes him to this place and tells him to prophecy to these bones. "Dry Bones, listen to the Message of God!" 

Those bones begin to rustle and shake, rise up and come together. Muscle and sinew, organs and flesh - one by one those vital things for life come together. But still, something is missing. So God says again, "Prophesy, son of man, Tell the breath, come from the four winds. Breathe LIFE" 

 The winds came, and the bones, which now had flesh, stood up and had breath: and here is the kicker - they were not simply there. They were not merely bodies, revived to do nothing. Ezekiel says they were "A huge army". 

God not only turned those dry bones back into life again - He turned them into life with a purpose. Life with strength. Life that will mean something, and accomplish something. A huge army!! 

There is a person in my life right now that I see as a pile of dry bones. Sometimes I wonder if he isn't just a waste of oxygen - that is harsh, and I feel bad saying that, because being critical isn't really my usual strong suit. But, I am being honest, because that is what God convicted me about this week, and I feel strongly that I am supposed to share this. 

In the very beginning of chapter 37, God asked Ezekiel, "Can these bones live?" Playing it safe, he answered, "Master God, only you know that." 

I was reminded that my Master God is the same Master God that Ezekiel served and obeyed. If He wants to bring dry bones back to life, EVEN TODAY, He still can. Those dry bones can be drawn together, flesh and organs and sinew added again, the four winds can breath life into the body and this man whom I have given up on - HE CAN BE AN ARMY!! 
 
Not just a body, functioning, barely there. Not just become a Christian, turn his life around, become a decent father, husband, etc.  HE CAN BE AN ARMY!!

I am doing my best to pray with faith "Master God, only you know, can these bones live? Please God, let these bones live. Breath life into these dry bones, not just a little breath, a little life, but a huge army full of life. May it be so."

3 comments:

Karen said...

Thanks for sharing what God laid on your heart. I think we all know people that are like that. Just like you said, "Please God, let these bones live."

Amico Dio said...

I just wanted to come by and say congratulations for being one of the Internet Cafe's Top 100 Christian Women's Blogs of 2008! You are truly a blessing. Thank you for the many ways that you serve!

Julie said...

Beautiful words. Thanks for sharing this.

I found you from the Internet Cafe where I am one of the devotional writers. I came to congratulate you on your award. This is my first time here.

I love meeting new people. If you want to stop by my blog, click on my name and it will take you there.

Again, congratulations. It's nice to meet you.
Julie