Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Friday, January 16, 2009

The joy of a good tattoo


My boys find joy in some of the smallest things. 

 Just look at that proud face!


This picture of Zion in the tub reminded me of this one of Canaan. 
(Yes, he is nursing in this picture. I use to walk around the mall nursing that child - he nursed EVERYWHERE! Perhaps that explains why he was 20 lbs at 18 weeks old! Of course, he started out at 9lb 4oz, so he had a nice jump start!)


When I look back on it now, I can't believe I put a temporary tattoo on my two month old.... but at the time, it just seemed like a cute idea. 

 I wanted him to match his Daddy. 
Who knew that he was going to end up being the spittin' image of him!?
(It throws me off to look at old pictures of Andy. I am so use to him without glasses now! It's amazing what you get use to, and how quickly!)
 I can say with complete honesty that I truly will not have a problem with it if my children go out and get tattoos (the real kind) as soon as they turn 18. (although I will pray for some wisdom to be used!) But for some reason, I doubt they will. Their Daddy has tattoos  - I am sure they will think that tattoos are therefore totally uncool (or whatever the word for uncool is when they hit 18)!  

But for now, they love them, and washable works for me! 

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Noah loves the temp tattoos. I am thinking without all the stigma and taboo they won't seem as desirable at the "rebellious" age when it would be something tacky and silly and "un-thought" out. ha ha. I am pretty sure that the thought of a needle digging in their arms will sound pretty undesirable anyway!!! I can't believe anyone can sit through it!

Mimi said...

I think those matching tatoos are so great! Especially the picture of Andy and Canaan together. SO sweet!
My sister painted CJ's toes with orange nail polish when he was about the same age and his dad about came unglued.
Your page is playing the same song as my cell phone ring (Amazing God)...that is so weird to hear, I keep wanting to go check my phone!