Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Sunday, January 11, 2009

Prayer

"Faith is not a sense, not sight, nor reason, but a taking God at His sacred word." Evans
"The beginning of anxiety is the end of faith, and the beginning of true faith is the end of anxiety." George Mueller 
"You will never learn faith in comfortable surroundings. God gives us the promises in a quiet hour; God seals our covenants with great and gracious words, then He steps back and waits to see how much we believe; the He lets the tempter come, and the test seems to contradict all that He has spoken. It is then that faith wins its crown. That is the time to look up through the storm, and among the trembling, frightened seamen cry, I believe God that it shall be even as it was told me." Streams in the Desert, Jan. 4
"When you pray, believe." Mark 11:24
I read recently a quote that really hit me. "Do not pray yourself out of faith." In other words, once you have prayed for something, and know that God has confirmed it to you, you need to just simply trust. It is not wrong to continue to bring your request before God, but to continually "worry" about, and stress over, is not right. And if your prayers are making you doubt, rather than trust, then they are not the right kind of prayers. 
 Mark said it for us. "When you pray, believe." 
 

3 comments:

Karen said...

Amen! Well said....I especially liked "And if your prayers are making you doubt, rather than trust, then they are not the right kind of prayers."

Carrie said...

Oh I loved this too!!!!!! Wonderful and encouraging and convicting! Thank you!

Kelsey and Travis said...

Great words of wisdom. I especially appreciate them cause we have been having trouble with our car just one thing after another and yet we KNOW that God lead us to buy THAT car in particular so we are in a place of FAITH right now that God will get us though and even bring good out of it.