Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Friday, January 02, 2009

R.I.P.

Today I am writing to commemorate the life, and death, of a creature who has become a member of our family. Our spider! She introduced herself on the Sat. before Thanksgiving. That was Nov. 22nd. We have kept her in a jar, peacefully building webs since then. Several times I have though she was dead, and she has gleefully surprised me. However, I never got brave enough to feed her. We started feeling guilty about torturing her this long, (nearly six weeks!) and Andy was considering walking out into the empty field next to our house and letting her go, but then I read that a female black widow spider was more poisonous then a rattlesnake - that idea got vetoed!
 Instead, she got flushed down the toilet. What a way to go... like a really fun waterslide! Wheeeee! 
 For some reason, I can't get any pictures to upload, but if you click on the link, you can see the older video and pictures. 
 And please, give a moment of silence and respect for our unwelcome, but educational, long time visitor. 

4 comments:

Carrie said...

"Ways to dispose of a pet...." GO!
ha ha ha!
*sorry* trying to not laugh, unsuccessfully...sorry...

Karen said...

Wow...she seemed indestructible! I hope RIP does not stand for Return If Possible.....

Carrie said...

Now I am envisioning the return of the monster spider momma...out of the toilet...AGH!!! Now I guess you wish you peed like the other members of your household...ha ha!

Kelly said...

Oh, you're braver than I am! We get them on our back patio all summer, and I just squish them immediately.
However, I did read, when I was freaking out about how many I was finding, that they are actually not terribly dangerous, except to small children. Which is not terribly comforting to those of us with small children.