Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Friday, November 12, 2010

Tag, You're it!

 My friend Autumn at Autumn Asks Why tagged me way back in september with some really fun questions. I have meant to do them, and never taken the time. So, this week, when I have nothing else going on.... (can't sleep because I am stressed out) I decided to give it a go!

1.) What is your biggest pet peeve?
 Inside-out socks. I know, I know, random. However, they have been annoying me for nearly 10 years now, with no outlook in the future for a change. Some days I think I might actually be resigned to simply accepting my fate and rolling with it. Then he brings his gym bag home, and, nope, I really hate them again! Seriously though, how hard is it to take your socks off without turning them inside out?

2.) If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why? 
 I can't pick one! I really want to see so many more places before we "retire". Isn't that suppose to be one of the joys of military life? Getting to "see the world"? I have only been to three out of the seven continents. I am not anywhere close to finished exploring yet.
 However, I must admit a very strong fondness for Norway in the summer. I don't think I would survive a winter, but a Norwegian summer is unbelievable!

3.) Have you ever been searched by the cops? (inquiring minds want to know...)
 Nope. I am afraid (for the sake of the interest level of this blog post) and thankful (for the sake of my sanity) that I have had a very limited and boring amount of interaction with law enforcement. I was ticketed once for not wearing my seatbelt, and another time for speeding. Another time I got a warning for speeding. That last one was about 8 years ago. I am a conservative little momma driver now.
I think this could catch me now!
 I did see an hilarious bumper sticker the other day "Caution, I drive like a Cullen". If you don't know what that means, you wouldn't get it anyway. It made me laugh though because she did drive with abandon, at least for the three or four seconds I could keep up!

4.) What is the one thing on your mind right now? 
 Pain. So many people around me have so much pain, all the time. I knew that. I did. But it is a bit more real today. I don't want to deal with it, which is why I am doing a blog like this, rather then trying to write something deep. I know we all have our own pain, but stop sometime and look around. We aren't the only ones. Every one is hurting.
 I just want to grab some people up and hold them, and make the hurt go away.
 But I am not doing a serious post tonight. See. I'm not.

5.) Favorite song right now?
 I have been into old hymns and really old praise and worship songs from when I was a kid. Blessed Assurance by Fanny Crosby, There is a Redeemer by Keith Green, and I have often caught myself randomly breaking out into Psalty the singing songbook music lately. My past is calling to me.

6.) What talent do you wish you had? 
 At this moment, the ability to pack boxes neatly with the assurance nothing in them would break, and with confidence that I am sending the right things to storage and the right things to my parent's. Complicated talent, huh? Try doing all that without having the talent!

7.) Favorite Drink?
 Decaf Green tea brewed with blueberry leaves for extra flavor and sweetened with Splenda.
 Blueberry Raspberry Fuze comes in a close second. Are we noticing a trend here?

8.) In one word, how would you describe yourself? 

  Real

 Upon completion I am supposed to tag 8 more people, and ask them 8 random questions too. I am not sure that 8 people actually read this blog, but I will throw some questions out there, and some names too. We'll just see what happens.

 1.) What is your favorite childhood memory?
 2.) If you could have any job, what would it be, and why?
 3.) What is your favorite sport?
 4.) Have you ever done something "dangerous" - and how do you define that?
 5.) What is your favorite holiday?
 6.) When is your average bedtime?
 7.) What is your favorite song (right now)?
 8.) In one word, describe yourself.

As you can see, I stole a couple of her questions.
Tara at Tara's world
Emilee at Another Binkley Sister Blog
Carrie at Thoughts, Ponderings, Musings
Angelia at Living, Loving, Laughing...
Nikowa at The Adventures of a Quirky Mom
Kathryn at Espy Family
Marcy at Marcy and Scott

Kelly at Are We There Yet?

 If you happen to do it, let me know. I would love to see your answers! 

3 comments:

Tricia said...

I love learning random things like this about people! I am praying for you, packing is always stressful no matter how many times you do it! One tip is to use different color duct tape for each room. It makes spotting the boxes easier. I hope you get to go all the locations that you want to before the boys are grown! Blessings to you and yours

Angelia Sims said...

This is so funny! The sock thing? My #1 pet peeve - I am not kidding! Drives me bonkers. I take my socks off sliding from the floor or slipping from my heel right side - EVERY time. It's not so hard! HA!
What's even worse is Jason used to do his laundry and wash those socks inside out. Ahhh!!!! :-)

I am feeling depressed today. I have validation issues. I hate that aobut myself. This tag might be just what I need. :-)

Lauren said...

Yes, I sing Psalty songs too! (I bought the whole set for my girls but have only broken out 1 through 5 for them to enjoy so far!)