Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Wednesday, May 09, 2012

My Birthday Boy

 I will have a nine year old soon.

  9 

 Yes, it is the same every year, but seriously, how did he get so old? 

It seems just the other day...
 9lb, 5ounces, 20in
One of our first family pictures
Little chunky butt
Trying not to get in trouble...

Awesome milk mustache

 Amazed by the beach, the sunset, and his daddy. 
This was a last little vacation to the beach before we left CA. Soon after Andy left for a year in Korea and I found out he had left me with a little present growing inside. (Zion!)


 We got Canaan a bike (again) this year. 
2nd birthday
5th birthday
Last year, for his 8th. 
And now, for his 9th. 
After the big wreck of last year, the old one has never recovered. The frame of the front wheel was bent and the chain fell off every five minutes. Truly, I'm barely exaggerating. One afternoon after his usual "put the chain back on" repair, he decided to take the bike apart instead.


 He and Daddy put it back together later on, but we started keeping our eyes open for good deals on a new bike after that! As much as I usually abhor the place, I have to be thankful for Walmart this time.

 We are in the middle of soccer season right now. I have always been the "don't push competition on them" type of mom. Which I am realizing is stupid. In their life some people are going to be first place, and others are going to be last. They have to learn to practice, and work with a team. They have to learn that they cannot always be the best at everything. (even though I tend to let them beat me at Uno or Monopoly if I get the chance) They have to learn to find the enjoyment in what they are doing, even if it is hard work.

 Zion was on the waiting list and didn't get a spot. I waited too long to get him signed up. Luckily, Canaan made it in while there were still openings. Zion usually goes to practice with his brother and plays around with the ball, so he is getting the idea of how to play. Just this week I signed them both up for a one week "summer camp" - continuing their soccer training. I'm not going to make them play soccer forever if they end up not liking it. But we already bought the shin guards and balls. Might as well give it a try this summer, right? In the meantime, look how cute!

 So, my little Soccer player runs and kicks, or guards and protects, or sometimes gets distracted and  stares into lala land until his dad (who stands on the side lines giving direction the entire time) gets his attention and tells him where to stand. And I love it. Go Golden Eagles!!!

Blessings, 

No comments: