Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Thursday, May 23, 2013

The First Decade

 Canaan is 10 now.
 An entire decade old.
 Where did the time go?
 Wasn't it just yesterday when he was this size?
His "Birth" day.
Matching daddy, back when Andy had glasses, and fewer tattoos! 
 Before I knew it, his first birthday came...

and he was a curly headed little mess monster! 

 Then, one more blink, and he was turning five!
Sixth birthday was army. 
Seventh was last minute.


 At 8 he got to fly a plane.
 Last year we didn't have a party, but the theme of the birthday was still easy to spot...
LEGO! 

 This year, we had a blast of a birthday party.
 If you know my kids, you can guess what the theme was.

 LEGO... of course.

 Andy made a fabulous cake. I swear, that man has more talents then I can keep up with. 

 We played soccer. 



Daisy was included quite nicely.
 We built race cars.



 Had races.

 Played dress-up... 
although, only the 2 year old guest participated in that activity! 
 Ate pizza, 
and of course, cake.

Yum yum!

It has been an entire week, and I have adjusted to calling him 10. But still, it doesn't quite seem real. Before I know it he will be driving! 

But first, I get to have another birthday! 
34, here I come. 

Blessings, 

No comments: