Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Saturday, March 29, 2008

Someone else's words, my feelings

I added a new song to my playlist. It is a duet with Reba and Faith, and it is called "Sleeping with the telephone". I think it expressed beautifully exactly what I feel when Andy is deployed. All day long it is easy to be strong - I have too much to do, and to think about, to waste time worrying. But nights can be very long. I honestly and truly slept with the telephone every single night, every time he was deployed. I started that tradition after I missed his first call from Basic Training, and I expect the tradition will continue for many more years.
Anyway... I got the CD in January, and finally today actually listened to the words of that song. I had to share my feelings. Lots of people ask how I am feeling, how I am doing, etc, when he is gone. I am almost always going to say "Fine", but if you really want to know how I feel, listen to this song.

Thankfully, he is home right now and I will enjoy every second I have with him. Everyone, kiss the people you love tonight, and tell them how thankful you are that they are there. Appreciate it, because there are thousands tonight who are sleeping alone, with the telephone as their lifeline.

No comments: