Who writes this stuff?

My photo

I am happily married to an amazing military man who spent 9 years enlisted and is now an Officer in the US Army. We have two amazing boys who are not so little any more! They still infuse every moment of every day with creativity and energy, and make my life an adventure.  I was educated at home, and am now teaching our children - second generation homeschoolers! I try every day to become more like Jesus Christ, and to love like HE does. If you want you can try and catch me at bethylovesandy@yahoo.com

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV 
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."

Verse of the day

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Someone else's words, my feelings

I added a new song to my playlist. It is a duet with Reba and Faith, and it is called "Sleeping with the telephone". I think it expressed beautifully exactly what I feel when Andy is deployed. All day long it is easy to be strong - I have too much to do, and to think about, to waste time worrying. But nights can be very long. I honestly and truly slept with the telephone every single night, every time he was deployed. I started that tradition after I missed his first call from Basic Training, and I expect the tradition will continue for many more years.
Anyway... I got the CD in January, and finally today actually listened to the words of that song. I had to share my feelings. Lots of people ask how I am feeling, how I am doing, etc, when he is gone. I am almost always going to say "Fine", but if you really want to know how I feel, listen to this song.

Thankfully, he is home right now and I will enjoy every second I have with him. Everyone, kiss the people you love tonight, and tell them how thankful you are that they are there. Appreciate it, because there are thousands tonight who are sleeping alone, with the telephone as their lifeline.

No comments: