Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Monday, May 23, 2011

Thank goodness for CFA WiFi

 It seems that as soon as I see my husband I forget the fact that I own a beautiful camera and become a blob of emotional mess, unable to do anything but gaze at him in wonder.
 Yes, I am serious - sort of.

 After 10 years, we are that couple. At least, after spending several months apart. I seriously just walk around, holding his hand and enjoying his presence.
 The frustrating part, at least for me, is that I never have any pictures of him.

 We have been running a little crazy down here waiting for OCS graduation. My phone signal is very weak at the cabin we rented for the week, so if I want to communicate with the outside world I have to drive into town. Sometimes that is important. Sometimes it isn't.
 I discovered a beautiful little Chick-fil-A this afternoon. After a snack of nuggets and icecream, the boys have played on the playground for about two hours, and I have finally been able to check my e-mail in peace and spend some time with a real phone signal. I had no idea how addicted to the world of technology I was until I didn't have it! Especially since Andy got me a new laptop for my birthday (coming up on Wednesday-agh!) and I haven't been able to use it at all.
 We were able to spend the weekend with Andy. He had to report in again this morning and we haven't seen him yet today, but we are hoping to have supper with him tonight. We'll see. As always, the military theme remains, wait and see.
 I changed the "quotes of the month." Change is in the air - it seemed fitting. This one was one of my favorites, even though it didn't make it on the list to the side.

 "There is a certain relief in change, even though it be from bad to worse! As I have often found in traveling in a stagecoach, that it is a comfort to shift one's position, and be bruised in a new place." Washington Irving

 For now, I try to find the good in every moment, and remember to love the change all around me. No more counting paperclips... but I still have several to-do lists going. A girl can only "play it by ear" to a certain level when she has been as OC as I have been in the past!

Blessings, 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it's kinda quiet around here... glad you are getting to spend time with Andy but I am missing... remember I NEED to see you on Sunday before you leave....