Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Monday, January 02, 2012

The colors of fall

The end of the year sort of escaped. Truly. It just disappeared. The three months between Missouri and now are slightly blurry. 
 I know a few things...

We went to the pumpkin patch.




We enjoyed the Thanksgiving celebration with Andy's side of the family first.
 This is our niece Britton. Aren't those the most delicious lips you have ever seen?
 I did an entire photo shoot with these three. I got a few decent shots, but this one, despite it's terrible lighting and silly faces, continues to be my favorite. 
 Zion however decided to be a model. Look at that pose! 
Of course you have football on Thanksgiving, but you can't forget the all important Thanksgiving wrestling match too! 3 against one, or course. (don't tell, but sometimes, just sometimes, the camera gets set down and certain other people join in... )


Next came Thanksgiving with the Binkley clan.
 I love this picture of my sisters, inspecting the photo shoot we had just attempted. It is really, really hard to take a good picture of 13 people, especially when 3 of them are age 8 and under. Since, obviously, I was taking this picture, my camera was not the one taking the family picture. I am so glad to have been removed from that pressure! However, that means I don't have the originals or easy access to posting them here. Bummer!
 Canaan was simply sitting there waiting, but he looked like such a poser. I couldn't resist a picture!

 Perhaps my favorite picture of Andy all year. 
He had wrapped his scarf around his head, just being goofy, waiting for the next "pose" for the family picture. But I love that look of mischief! 
 Aren't they beautiful? These are they amazing example I have had my whole life, showing me how to live my life for Christ- My parents. 
 Zion, once again, posing. 
 Canaan threatened that if he was forced to take another picture he was going to give himself bunny ears. Just because. 

 The "good" family picture is probably on FB somewhere. Or in the files of Snapfish. But it is late, and I am exhausted. And I have only caught up as far as Thanksgiving. 
Seriously, where did December go? 

I hope yours was full of joy. Worship. Fun.
 I'll post some pictures of mine soon! 

Blessings, 

No comments: