Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Friday, August 25, 2023

A very belated surgery recap!

Hello my friends! 

It has been nearly a year since I have written and I am sorry. So, first, an update on life. 

I had another brain surgery last December. 

A computer, like this, is in my head, doing a pretty good job of stopping the seizures.
It is sort of like a pacemaker for the brain. 


It just took a lot of cutting, and then stitches, to get it there!

A beautiful spring rolled around while I healed.

 I love this tree, the boy in it, and the family photo shoot we had with it.

We took some great family pics…



And had a quick family trip to Savannah before Canaan deployed to the Middle East. 
He keeps in touch every single week and I cannot complain. 
So I try not to!
But prayers for my deployed boy are always appreciated!

I got more chickens…

And more goats…





I am settling into farm life and healing really well. 
Andy has settled into a new job, not military any longer.
This is my last year as a homeschool mom. Zion is a senior this year! 
Lots of transitions and changes for our crew. 
So, I am seeking what God has next for me. 

It is time to write again, I hope. 

Check back again soon. I am trying to find words. The brain is healing. I just have to make my typing hands work now too!


2 comments:

Vicki Jones said...

I didn’t realize that you had another brain surgery. I pray that you are healing well and will be able to continue writing soon. My son, Ben, who is in his 30s started having seizures a few years ago and has been going through all of the testing and monitoring to hopefully be able to have surgery. Please pray for him that he will be able to have it and it will be successful. Anything you can tell me about this surgery, I would appreciate it. He is at Mayo this week being monitored. We are from Troy and Ben is Zach Spann’s cousin. Thank you!!

Kelli said...

I love your goats!!