Who writes this stuff?

My Photo

I am happily married to an amazing military man who spent 9 years enlisted and is now an Officer in the US Army. We have two little boys who infuse every moment of every day with creativity and energy. I was educated at home, and am now teaching our children - second generation homeschoolers! I try every day to become more like Jesus Christ, and to love like HE does. If you want you can try and catch me at bethylovesandy@yahoo.com

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV 
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."

Verse of the day

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Paperclips

 I had a bit of a panic attack these last few days. My time schedule, the perfect one I imagined in my mind... it wasn't the same one the U.S. Army had in it's mind.
 Nor the one my "niece" Ruby had in mind.

 Ruby was supposed to be born last week, so I could spend some time with her before I had to leave. Little booger is making me (and her Mommy too!) a little crazy taking her sweet time coming into the world.

 I'm on a deadline here!

 In case anyone here isn't my friend on Facebook, here's how the schedule looks.

 The boys and I get to spend the last week of Andy's officer training with him down at Ft. Benning. There are several "events" planned, and the "officers to be" should have some freedom during the week to spend with their families. That starts Thursday - um, tomorrow.

 He graduates the next Thursday, the 26th. We have 5 days to come back here to my parent's, pack up the bare essentials, (just what will fit in a small U-haul trailer) drive to Ft. Leonard Wood, Missouri, find an apartment, move in and Andy report for duty. Sound like fun?

 After five months there, while he attends class, and I practice life as a minimalist, (which I am actually looking forward to) - then we move to ALASKA!

 That is the part we are excited about.

 Living in Missouri, where we technically are not invited, (thus the bare essentials, have to live off base, only have a few days to find an apartment) - well, Missouri is just a side trip.

 Alaska is the main event. More on that later.

 Anyway, I was having my usual pre-move meltdown. My sister came home the other day and I was counting paperclips. Yes, seriously. Trying to decide how many I might need in the five months we spend in MO. She almost laughed her head off, then, not so gently, reminded me that they have stores in MO. But you see, I already have plenty. Neatly organized in a container. But I don't want to take the entire desk container with paperclips, rubberbands, tape, stapler, etc. I wanted to take a smaller sampling. But I don't want to have to buy more when I already own them. Oh, the stress of choosing just the right amount!

 I told you. Meltdown.

 I was talking to Andy a bit later and he reminded me "Bethany, remember how you always panic that we're not going to find someplace to live. Then, right at the last minute God provides something perfect. Let's just skip the panic part and go right to the God provides something perfect."

 I'm trying people, really I am. I can't help it that I like to have a plan, and a list, and neatly organized paperclips.

Blessings,