Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Sunday, April 29, 2012

Inside, Outside, Upside down!

It's been a while since I posted "just because" pics,...


The boys love daddy's new toy, but not as much as daddy does! He is spoiled rotten...

Yet another toy...

 
....but this one came with a box!

(The red thing blasts sand, removing rust from metal (car parts at this house) making them just like new again!)


I have been looking into some "real" curriculum for the next school year. Being sick so often has made it harder for me to teach as "free spirited" as we have in the past. 

 But last week we spent an afternoon that reminded me why I love my "learn as we go" ways.
The steps from the back porch lead to a world of wonder!




Remember the box? 

School room?

Secret hide-out?

 Children of the world "memory"

Table top?


 Blokus!

It seems that, if you are willing to look, school is all around.
I am so glad we got to have a fun reminder of that.
We will still have to order a math book, and spelling, and... well, we'll just see.
But I am still me, and our school remains the same.
Thank you Lord, for the small things.
Hold on to them my friends!

Blessings,


No comments: