Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Wedding!!!

I have been "gone" for a very long while now. Part of it will be talked about later. But, a very large, and important, part of it was this...


My baby sister got married. 

 There was lots of prep work. Obviously. And our family doesn't believe in letting other people be in charge of our events. We LOVE our friends and family who help. Couldn't survive without them. But complete and total control and dominion - well, that stays in "our" hands. (and by our I mostly mean Emilee) I simply do what I am told!

 First things first - I must admit that I have not been so sure about this Josh guy. He did the entire dating process while we were in MO. They have had their engagement while we have lived here in NC. And I had missed the entire thing. Before we went home for the wedding I had spent less the two weeks with him, combined.
 So I must admit, much to my shame, that I was grumpy during the week of the wedding. There were other, outside forces contributing - once again, we'll talk about those later - but the fact that I was giving away my baby sister to a practical stranger was a little hard for me.

 But at the rehearsal dinner he sang her a song.

That he had written.

It made her cry. 

See the way he looks at her!

 And it was suddenly much easier for me to be ready for the next day.

 The professional pics will be around eventually, and I am sure they will be all over my house, but for now, I am getting quite a kick out of the ones from my camera "back stage" and from Kevin's all along the way.

 Boots were a huge part of the theme. 

 This is my favorite picture of my boys with their Aunt Mary.

The two big sisters had been running around like crazy...
 We needed a little help getting ready in a hurry! 


The "boys" were banished to the back porch while they waited.

We were taking a sister's pic - of course. Then, a bee attacked. I love pictures like this. Action shots. I am sure the actual posed picture will be lovely. But the silly, laughing, funny face picture is the one that always makes me the happiest. 

 6 little ones, 8 (of the 9) bridesmaids and a beautiful bride, all on our way to the wedding. 
Bridesmaid number nine, Emilee, was already at the location. 
She wasn't about to let anyone else run the last minute details!
 I don't have a picture of my boys coming down the aisle, but here they are at the rehearsal. Zion carried the Bible. It took him a while (and some tears during rehearsal) to be ready for the responsibility, but he followed through. Canaan carried the sign, and enjoyed it immensely. Andy says we might have a used car salesman on our hands. He certainly got a kick out of advertising! (and looked adorable too!)

The "old people" in the wedding were responsible for the babies. They were adorable... but not very interested in being involved. I think I heard about 1/3 of the ceremony! Still, I got the important stuff. They promised to love each other always. ("in sickness and in health" made me tear up, considering how fabulous Andy has been, always). We all took communion together, as the body of Christ. 

My precious Daddy covered his eyes and let them kiss, and then they danced down the aisle as husband and wife. 

Then the party started. 
Andy was the DJ.
My children THINK they can dance. 
I got to visit with people I haven't seen since the last family wedding. 
I'd say a good time was had by all. 

But that's enough for now!

Blessings,

No comments: