Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Thursday, March 22, 2012

Romans 8:28

A little over a week ago we had a really bad day. Or, at least our poor car had a really bad day. We, as a family, really don't have that much to complain about.

 Not having the car you owned, with the buttons memorized, and the comfy seats you loved the feel of - well it's no fun. Both my boys point out every red Tahoe they see, in sorrow and mourning. But...

 Every week for school we have a bible verse of the week. They are slightly random. I don't know that I have any rhyme or reason as to how I find them, God just points them out. On the Monday after our accident God quite clearly led me to Romans 8:28.

 "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purposes."

 How very perfect is that?

 I love how He works!

 I was talking to Canaan about good things, and bad things, and how they often work together. Sometimes we get to see the results. Sometimes we don't.

 But there is a beautiful story I love to tell of a wreck that led to good.

 When Andy was 19 he put on his good clothes and headed down to the Coast Guard recruiting office - planning to sign up for a stint protecting our shores and rescuing beautiful maidens from drowning.

 There had been lots of rain that week. Slightly appropriate for signing up for a coast guard job, isn't it? Unfortunately, on back country roads where his parent's live, it isn't always conducive for driving. He drove through what he thought was going to be a puddle. Unfortunately, the road is slanted there, and the side he was on - well, the puddle was closer in size to a pond.

 That car wasn't going anywhere. (I don't remember exactly, but I am pretty sure he flooded the engine, and I don't think that car ever drove again.)

 He waded through the "pond", got picked up by some old guys who knew his grandfather (and laughed at him) then took him home.

 The car was towed away.

 Andy's parent's had another chance to talk him into giving college another chance.

 So, instead of the coast guard, he came to Shorter, met me, and the rest is history.

 Yes, he had to get laughed at by old men.

 Sure, he had to drive his Mom's old Grand Caravan to college.

 But he got me, and two amazing boys.

 He got the AF, then the Army, in career fields he has enjoyed.

 "In all things God work for the good".

 I am pretty sure Andy couldn't see the good when his car was sitting in the middle of a puddle the size of a pond.

 But I sure am grateful for it now.

  I completely have faith that, although we may never see nor hear about it, every event, every day, every single moment works for good. One way or another.

 Now isn't that something to be grateful for!

Blessings, 

No comments: