Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Shamrockin'

 I am, for a short time, NOT Andy's "old lady". For a little over two months every spring we are the same age.
 On Saturday my Leprechaun had his birthday and officially joined me at (gasp) 32.

 During our ten years of marriage he has been gone, for one reason or another, 6 times on his birthday. There was a rumor of him leaving on his birthday this year (just for a training exercise)... so last Sunday we went out to eat - sort of an early birthday. You remember how that day ended.

 Thankfully, he was HOME for his actual birthday this year. So we partied.

 Shamrock trays that have been around since Andy's childhood. Thanks Ellen! 
 A very green room. 
The boys had a blast, hanging streamers and shamrocks throughout the entire house. 
 We had a multitude of muscle men, ready to show off - 
See?
That Shamrock hat has been around since Andy was in highschool.
 A glow in the dark, laser shamrock...
 fascinating...
I think I like it!!!
Yep!

Since I have been vehicle-less this week, my ability to search for tiramisu has been thwarted. When I mentioned my frustration about that early Sat morning "Oscar the Grouch" immediately volunteered to make a run in search of Andy's favorite dessert. 
Unfortunately, there wasn't one to be found in a 20 mile radius. So at the last ditch stop at Walmart, the three year old got to point to what she thought "looked the most like Tiramisu". It seems that Chocolate Brownie Icecream cake won. 
 No complaints here! 

Yum, Yum! 

I even got a picture of the birthday boy, almost smiling for the camera. 
I call that a successful day! 

Blessings, 

No comments: