Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Friday, December 07, 2007

Cucumbers

Just a really quick funny story. I made a homemade pizza a few days ago for lunch. Nothing fancy - boboli whole wheat crust, zucchini in marinara sauce, some green peppers and cheese. Not something exactly kid friendly, but my boys are pretty laid back, so I thought it would go over fine. Canaan was not impressed. After picking off some of the cheese, the scraping off the toppings and eating the crust plain, he starting the bargaining for something different. "Mommy, if I eat one more bite, can I have something different?" Usually I just say no, but I was in a laid back mood, so I asked what he wanted. He said, " Momma, we haven't had cucumber in DAYS! Can we have some cucumber?" I personally am not too fond of cucumber, and it had been months since we had eaten one, but for some strange reason I had bought one recently. My four year old son proceeded to eat an entire half of a cucumber for lunch. Plain. So random, but he was happy, I was happy, and Daddy ate the leftover pizza when he got home, so he was happy too. I just thought it was pretty funny that he didn't ask for junk food at all, just a cucumber. Kids!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

oh, that is hilarious!!!!! Cucumbers! Those first borns are a riot aren't they? Katie always begs for the black olives out of the salad at Olive Garden....
if only the second borns would be so accomodating!

Corey said...

I am a first born and I only like food about meat...

Unknown said...

I was only referring to the first borns of US because our's seem to be similar with the food thing. You are an exception to all the food rules. Who else can go to Ryans's and only eat steak and mashed potatoes? Three plates no less! lol. love you corey!

Chrissy said...

Give them veggies from the beginning and they will love them for life, or so I am hoping. My kiddos love salads. We think their favorite part of going to restaurants is the salad before the entree. In the summer, Kylie will go the the tomato plants and pick a few off and eat them like they are apples. Keep up the great work.
By the way, do you try a lot of veggie meals with the kids?