Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Friday, February 15, 2008

more...

Since I posted this morning, Zion has had diarrhea (I looked up how to spell it!) four more times. I guess I was overly optimistic that it was a one day thing. After the third time I finally talked him into wearing a diaper again. He really prefers underwear, and sobbed and cried when I made him wear a diaper, but when he went again just 10 minutes later, I was really glad I had talked him into it! He seems to feel fine. He runs and plays most of the time, and has no fever. I don't know what is wrong with him, but I sure hope it stops. I don't want to take him to FL if he is sick.
Anybody got any ideas? (that means you Carrie, since you are the only one who reads my blog on a regular basis!)

1 comment:

Chrissy said...

Hey I take offense to that, I read your blog on a regular basis....Anyway...only bland foods for a start, and if he doesn't want to eat you don't have to push it. He is old enough to have 1 teaspoon imodium or other over the counter diahreah medicine(btw the children's strength imodium is the same strength as the adult bottle) but can only have it 3 times in one day. Of course keep him hydrated with anything that doesn't have caffine. Pedialyte or the like works best and doesn't have as much sugar as gatorade/powerade or sprite. He can still drink milk, but this may irritate his tummy so you might want to hold off on that for a couple of days. We have had to stomach virus (naseua, vomiting, and diahreah)about 6-7 times since Christmas, not fun at all. Since I ended up in labor and delivery triage on fluids with one of those wonderful bugs, I have tried to steer clear of sickly children...not drinking/eating after them, bleaching the entire house on a regular basis, not letting kids at school get close enough to breath on me, etc.
I know it is not fun... I hope Zion feels much better soon and that Cannan does not get it or you and Andy for that matter as well. Good luck, I hope this helps.