Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Sunday, February 13, 2011

Dancing the night away

 A little girl that I have known since she was in diapers got married yesterday. She and Mary Faith (sister number four) are just a few months apart in age, and through all our moves over the years, we have stayed in touch with their family.

 Just a reminder, once again, how quickly time passes by.
 I need that reminder some days when I am missing my Andy!

The bride, Hannah, and her Andy. It was funny, really, how much he reminded me of my Andy. 
Must be a similar sense of humor that goes with the name! 

 When we get the family together for a wedding, all spruced up and looking good, it just makes sense to take some pictures.
 Of course, in the only family picture on my camera my boys look crazy... hopefully one on Emilee's camera is better. Sigh. 
 These boys LOVE their Auntie Em and Uncle Kevin!
Aren't those two of the most gorgeous women you have ever seen?

A few comments on my clothing. 1st - My beautiful dress was given to my by my MIL for Christmas. She bought it, then added some beautiful additions, personalizing it just for me. Thank you Ellen! I wish it could be seen a little better, but I was cold, and have a shrug on over my shoulders. 
2nd, when we were getting ready to leave one of the boys looked at me and asked, in all seriousness, "Mommy, what is that on your legs?" I looked down and realized he was asking about my pantyhose. I have worn them so rarely that he had no idea what they were! Mom had to go to the dollar general and buy them for me right before the wedding, because I didn't actually own any. 

 Little cuties, sharing a chair. 
Also, in the background you can see the bride's dress. Isn't she just the tiniest thing you have ever seen?
 We have known this couple, David and Madeleine, forever. 
(Seriously, she and my Mom grew up together!) 
I love to see couple's dance, especially couples that have been together "forever", and still love to be together. 
It's even more fun when they love to dance!
These two, on the other hand... 
getting him to dance is like pulling teeth. But, he loves this woman, so he dances at least once every wedding, just because it makes her happy. 

This face epitomizes Zion's original feelings about dancing.

But eventually both boys warmed up to the idea,

and in fact became quite enthusiastic little dancers.



Very enthusiastic...
Technically, those are horrible pictures, but it shows how much energy my boys put into the dance - and this was during the "slow dance" time. Notice how there was only one other couple on the dance floor?Once the music got peppy, well, it was worth the price of admission!


To top it all off, the wedding "favor" was a candy bar. Take a bag, fill it with whichever candies you prefer (all different kinds in shades of purple to match the wedding theme) then take it home and enjoy. 
Canaan declared that this was definitely the best wedding he has ever been to. 

Next week we head to Dallas, TX for my cousin's wedding. 
We'll just have to see what kind of adventures wait for us there!

2 comments:

EmileeHope said...

Love it Betsy! Those are some great pictures!! (I will have to steal them, or link over to them when I finally get around to updating my blog about the weekend!)

Anonymous said...

Yay!!! What a great wedding =) Now put the pics on facebook please cause i didn't get any with my camera =/