Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Friday, February 25, 2011

A little bit of this, a little bit of that,

 I am not sure why I have lost my ability to blog.
 I might be able to blame it on this...


My favorite valentine's day present. (and definite time waster!)

Or perhaps an afternoon at the Chatanooga Zoo...



with the cousins.

Maybe it was 14 hours in the car leading to this...
 My cousin Meredith's wedding!
A family picture: Of course, you can't get everyone looking at the same time. 
I hope the professional got one better than I did, because this is the best of mine. Sigh. 
 Four out of five of the "Binkley girls". Kelsey was in Yemen, which I suppose was a decent excuse to miss your cousin's wedding. 
 Have you ever seen such handsome boys?
 Collin had his eyes closed in the family pic, so I thought he deserved one showing how handsome he is. He was always "my" cousin, since we are only a few months apart in age. 
And this is his precious little boy, who was just a little afraid when he walked down the aisle, but did a wonderful job. Just turned two and already big stuff! 

We then had 14 hours home again, immediately followed by a wonderful visit from friends from Valdosta. 

We spent a full day at the Aquarium in Atlanta.

 This penguin seemed to like Zion.
 There were several whales that would come right up to the glass. 
It almost felt like you could pet them! 
Gus, who is not quite one, was fascinated! It was more fun to watch him then to look at the creatures! 
 I couldn't seem to get good lighting on both things inside the water and outside too. It was one or the other. Still lots to learn! 
The other boys said this was the "Zion fish" since it was the same color as his hair.
I tried editing in iphoto, and my pics looked better there, but the kicker is I don't know how to upload the saved photo, only the original. Sad, isn't it?
 I told Canaan, "say cheese". This was the face I got. When I asked him what in the world he was doing he said, "I am eating cheese mommy." I thought that one deserved to be posted. 
Five children in a window into the water. They were some very happy campers! 

I have so much to talk about, so many stories to tell. I do hope things calm down a little so I can! 
Blessings, 

4 comments:

EmileeHope said...

Great pics Betsy! Thanks for posting the ones from the wedding, hopefully someday I will get around to posting mine, but when we get back home, I have a feeling my life is going to be more than a bit hectic for awhile!

Carrie said...

I am a fan of the Chatt. Zoo on facebook and this week they've had three baby animals born! too bad they weren't there when we were...twin tamarins and a baby snow leopard. :)
Your camera takes such great photos. I keep meaning to mention to you that I want you to come be photographer at the hospital so we don't have to put camera/batteries/memory stick on our to do list! :) And take pics of things I don't realize I will want later, ha ha, like me looking miserable.

Kristina said...

Love the photos!! You have been busy lately! :) We went to the aquarium in ATL this past fall and I am in love with the baluga whale, I could have stood there all day! That alone was worth the admission! :)

Fernando Solis Eguiza said...

El NiƱo Y Tu Pilin