Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Sunday, June 26, 2011

Finally working - perhaps?

  There comes a time in your life when you begin to accept that you may not ever get what you want. Over the last month, what I have wanted was the internet. Not just my iPhone, (which was barely working anyway because we live in a hole) but the real internet, plugged into the wall, then plugged into the WiFi, which would then send a signal to my computer so I could sit down and type with all 10 fingers rather than just my thumbs. Internet that works for more than 3 hours at a time. (after the insane hook up issues in the first place!)
 I know, it is a lot to ask. Especially here at Ft. Lost in the Woods... I mean Ft. Leonard Wood. But honestly- 3 weeks to get working internet? Halfway through the process one of the technicians said, "this is something you are going to look back on and laugh someday." At that moment I could only grit my teeth, remind myself that every action reflects my Savior, and keep my mouth shut.
 However, looking back on it, well, no, I still can't laugh at it. Maybe it takes longer to look back?
 One thing I learned though is that I am totally dependent upon the internet. My banking is all done online. My bills are paid online. A large portion of my shopping is done online, or at least the research part of it. My coupons are printed, my shopping list created, and my weekly meal plan looked over - online- before I go to the grocery.
 Facebook, well FB I can usually live without, or so I thought. But I realized that there are some people that I only talk to there. I only hear about their lives through FB.
 And this. This place right here. Proverbs2six.blogspot.com This is my moment of expression. My chance to just be me. Not mommy. Not military wife. Not someone trying to adopt, or live with sickness, or missing my family, or even a full time seeker of Truth and Faith. Just me. Because I am all of those things. And in this spot I don't have to separate them. I get to express them one at a time, or all at once, or perhaps just throw out pictures that make me happy. This is my spot.

 I missed it!

 I have read, and read and read. But nothing online. So, I will try to catch up on the lives of the people I love here in the wide wide world of the web. I will try to share a little of what God has been teaching me in the last month. Most of all, I will revel in the freedom of having my spot returned to me!
                                                                   Blessings,

4 comments:

Tricia said...

Glad to have you back! I have missed you.

Carrie said...

PICTURES!!!!! Sorry...demanding too much too quickly!

Nikowa said...

Take your time. We'll be here when things settle! :)

Andrea said...

Aaawww I'm glad to hear about you again!! I've missed you!!