Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Monday, September 12, 2011

Milestone moments

We had a momentous occasion here this week. 

Any guesses? 
A little prep work
Ready...
...here we go!!!!
I can't decide if that is excitement or terror on his face! 
These pictures were actually taken the middle of last week. He almost had it, going 15-20 feet at a time then getting scared and stopping. As soon as Andy's hand would leave his shoulder he would panic (even though Daddy wasn't really even helping him!)
 This weekend I took the boys to the track again while Andy studied for a test and after a few practice runs he had it down pat. He was still a little shaky starting out by himself (preferring a push to get going) but he made it all the way around the track by himself!
 There are no pictures from this weekend because rather then running the camera I was running the track - holding up a bike, then cheering my "little big man" on.
 One more milestone down.

Canaan had a slightly visible milestone recently.
The losing of the first front tooth. 
All the little ones are the bottom are cool, but that big one right up front - well, no one can miss that.  
The tooth on the other side is wiggly too. We'll have to wait and see if both end up missing at the same time! 
Just a day or two later Zion declared his tooth hurt. I thought he just wanted attention, because of brother, but sure enough, he has his first loose tooth. It has quite a wiggle to it, but he is protecting it with all the power his little mouth possesses. It might be awhile before that tooth goes anywhere! 

I saw someone with two week old twins at the post office this morning. 
Where did the time go? 

Blessings, 

3 comments:

Karen said...

Those pictures are priceless!

Angelia Sims said...

Yay!! He can do it! That's terrific! And very cool you captured it all in a few clicks. :-)

My daughter STILL can't ride a bike. Ahhh! Mom fail. ;-/

Carrie said...

We fail at getting the bikes out. Great job Zion!
Canaan looks SO OLD without his teeth!!!!! Now I want Noah's to hang in there as long as possible!