Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Monday, February 06, 2012

Truth

If you notice, the "quote of the month" has been changed. Truth seemed a good theme this month. Although, truth is always a good theme. I have loved that Sherlock Holmes quote for years. I have actually had the Sherlock Holmes and Albert Einstein quote as well as Isaiah 45:19 written in lovely pink ink on a pretty flowery paper for years. It has survived multiple moves, two toddlers, and emotional turmoil beautifully.
 And still, truth remains.

 That is the beautiful thing about truth. It is absolute. Unchanging. Dependable.

 I have had a lot of change lately.

 I have struggled with some things that were not dependable.

 There are definitely some portions of my life that are not proving themselves to be absolute, or complete, or fulfilled. (Don't everyone start getting all freaked out - I have just had a ton of problems, after not really going to the doctor as I should have during all the moves, of getting my surplus of medical 'gifts' worked out)

 But I have some definite truths that I get to cling to.

 My Savior loves me.

 My amazing family loves me and need me.

 I am not allowed to give up or call it quits.

 Some of the new medicines I have been on had me thinking that calling it quits sounded like a good idea. Just giving up, laying down and begging God to never make me have to move again.

 Anti-seizure drugs have often made me "down". But nothing like this.

 However, Finding the silver lining in this situation:

 1) It wasn't every day, so I was able to come out the other side, without Andy even knowing. He was able to settle into his new job without trouble or distraction. The bad part of that is that he is quite frustrated with me, that I didn't tell him then.

 2) It made me able to say that I truly understand what depression feels like, so will be able to have true empathy with others.

 3) I feel better now! So much better that I appreciate so many little things. Even though the weather has been dreary and yucky I like seeing the clouds blow by in a hurry.

 Truth hurts sometimes. Truth, in all of it's gory details is hard to accept. And perhaps it is too much?

 But it remains truth.

 And I am so thankful for it.

 Blessings,  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

same reaction as Andy....
love you sweet Bethany and I am here for you whenever you need me or want me or don't think you need me....momma