Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Passions

 I was whiney recently: Andy goes on and on about his new project car and every single piece of history it contains. My boys can talk for HOURS about Legos or Star Wars. My mom and sisters are very obsessed with a wedding right now. I get pictures of babies on my phone almost daily.

 Everyone in my life has something in their life that they are passionate about.

 It made me wonder. If I could get someone to sit still (which I can't) and give me their attention (which they won't).... well, what would I talk about non-stop.

 I quit scrapbooking years ago. It was really my friend Nicole's passion, and I just sort of fell into it while I was with her. Without her, scrapbooking fell by the wayside.

 I stink at sewing. I can fix a hem or add a button, that really is about it.

 I have no artistic ability. Even my photo's are simply pictures of my children. I love my camera but I don't think I could spend hours talking about it.

 I haven't had access to a piano for a year, so establishing the habit of practice again is a slow process.

 I moved away from my work-out buddies, and from the gym I knew and liked, so I quit working out too.

 I sound pretty fickle, don't I?

 So I was whining to Andy about the fact that I have nothing to be obsessive about like they do. And with that eloquent whining I realized, words are my thing.

 Not always on here, but words are my thing. I have been devouring words, churning them around in my head, reprocessing and spitting them back out my entire life.

 That is a passion I have stood by.

 I like sharing my thoughts, and whatever I am learning from God at the moment, here in blogland. And when I don't get to write I think it shows in my emotional stability.

 But words in general, words are my passion. I don't have to write. But I need to read almost as much as I need oxygen. I read the signs on the road, simply because they are there. I read the scribbles on the back of public bathroom stalls, because they are words, and I am drawn to them like a magnet.

 I love to read everyone-

 Austen, Bronte, Clemons - all the way to my own grandfather, Don Sharp. (and someday I am going to work on publishing more of his words!)

 Classic fiction, Murder mystery, Zombies and Vampires, Historical Romance, Tear jerkers and Self-help.

 I love to read. Devour. Ingest. Absorb. I have from the day I learned that A says ahhh, and B says b.

 And when I hear words I like, words that mean something, I feel the need to write them down and keep them.

  Recently on the way into church Canaan was carrying my Bible for me. It slipped, fell, and the multitude of notes it contained were scattered everywhere. As I awkwardly gathered the random pieces of paper my first thought was that I hold on to entirely too much. But as I looked through them, trying to find places to make them fit, I was so glad to have them. There are notes from Bible Studies, Church Services and Small Group meetings for the last 15 years. The words that I had written because they touched my heart at different times... they still had meaning. Always will.

Truth never dies. Never changes. Never wavers.

 I love words.

 Passionately!

Blessings, 

No comments: