Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Saturday, January 12, 2013

Here we go again!

December simply flew by. I truly don't know where it went.

 Well, that isn't completely true.
 "It" went to D.C. for three days...

 Air and Space Museum:
Flying Tigers! 
Andy was in the Flying Tiger unit for about 4 years. It was fun to see an old patch on an old uniform.
My little robots
Female astronaut dolls. Girl power!
The space shuttle was chasing them down the runway! Ahhhh


And last, the beautiful sunset view from the tower.


National Zoo:



Do you see them? It was so much fun to watch them wrestle and play, but still almost blend in too.
A little bit of scruff coming in- he enjoyed having some time without shaving.



A day of exploring...

 Think they captured his look? 
 My big man holding a big load on his shoulders!
 It was foggy and cool, but still soo beautiful.




 The end of a long day with lots of walking. Getting a picture of them in any sort of good mood was difficult. But at least we made it!

 "It" had a wonderful Christmas here in NC with Andy's side of the family.

This is our niece Britton's first Christmas that she is old enough to be interested in presents. 
She was so much fun to watch!
 New bow and arrow set! Canaan is big stuff. 
The ever popular Lego... I think sometimes that I may die of Lego overload. 
But they love it, so, such is the life of a mother.
Isn't she precious!!
And our Ani, and her giraffe. I love the "bed-head", and the excitement in her eyes. 
All three of the big kids got art supplies, and Canaan has been drawing away. He comes up with some pretty amazing creations. Maybe when I finally write my book I'll have him be my illustrator!

 Next "It" went "home" to GA and saw a whole crew of people.
Twas the night before Christmas...




And santa brought some wonderful stockings...



awe-inspiring, really!
 Little preggo, sister #3
 Matching glasses, matching smiles -
The big gift of the day? Humungous Nerf Guns.

Which led to a full on war in the backyard, with all the uncles and even one of my cousins. Good thing "Santa" warned us so that we packed extra guns and darts to defend ourselves with!

Last, but not least, "It" even had a baby shower for sister #3, Kelsey.

 The five girls -Emilee's belly is fairly well hidden there, but she was about ready to pop!
 I found this onesie and I couldn't resist!
 And, the adorable party favors.. I have such a creative sister and mommy!

 However... "it" did not include a new nephew. I had hoped that Emilee's second would make an appearance while I was there, but he decided to be stubborn. He was born yesterday, at 8:30 in the morning. I would show you a picture... but so far she won't let me post pics of her kids. You will just have to take my word on it- He is adorable!

No comments: