Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Little hands

I haven’t had much to say the last couple of weeks. After being sick, I remained tired.
 No surprise :) 

Staying home, and safe, and away from germs...the days started to run together and I might have lost my mind, just a little. 
Thankfully, I have really good friends to help bring it back! 

We went fishing, and enjoyed fellowship with other humans while still staying a safe distance apart. 



Suddenly, and I do mean suddenly, because I don’t know how this happened, I had a 17 year old son. 

 Things began to open. Canaan went back to work. Andy’s schedule was fuller again. 
My garden took all of my time, both the vegetables and the flowers. 

Then, this last weekend, we had tiny little enthusiastic voices and feet and hands come over and it was beautiful. 
Their love for, and joy inspired by, God’s creation almost matches mine, and that was so much fun for me to spend time with! 
And yes, I am aware that makes me have the maturity level of a 3, 5 and 7 year old.
I don’t mind. 
I am the only one who talks to my plants, so I have even them beat on that one. 


 Squash and zucchini were delicious for dinner and there are more ripe and ready already. I meant to send some home with them, but of course I had a seizure 15 min before they left and my brain wasn’t fully functioning as they loaded the vehicle :( 
Looks like we will be eating them here instead. 

None of them like raw tomatoes (!) but they enjoyed picking them for me. 
The cucumbers weren’t as plentiful yet, but we had enough for the weekend. 
Oh, the simple things. 

 This verse remains one of my theme verses. 
When you choose it, when you make the decision to give thanks wherever you are, whatever is taking your time or attention...well, giving thanks becomes easier and easier. 
When you are giving thanks often, then Philippians 4:4 becomes easier and easier too.

So, several weeks later, here is the same reminder as always. 
Choose to be thankful. 
Choose to celebrate.
Choose JOY. 
Be blessed my friends, and give blessings to others as you go. 

No comments: