Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Wednesday, June 03, 2020

A healing branch


 I love my garden. It is a place of refuge, a place of worship, a place of learning, a reminder of hope. It is where I often speak to God, and hear from Him as well. 

A few weeks ago I missed several days of upkeep in a row. Distractions keep me from going out and checking on it and when I finally did things had grown, obviously. 

I trimmed back some growth that was unhealthy. Picked off some sneaky insects. Removed some weeds that were stealing nutrients. Then, I reached into the tomato bed to tuck a branch back inside the support system, back inside the ring of wire built to hold it up and I moved too quickly. I bent it without caution and it snapped. 

I heard it snap and I immediately thought, “well, that’s over”. 
I almost cut it the rest of the way off. 
I almost accepted failure for that branch, 
I almost gave up any hope. 

But.... there were tomatoes already growing on that branch and I wanted to give them a chance to ripen so I left it. 

The tomatoes that I noticed at that moment have already been picked.


More have shown themselves. 

This, this picture is new growth. 
These are new blossoms, new life, growing on that branch.
The branch that snapped, the branch that looks ugly, the branch that seemed without hope...
It has new life. 
Almost three weeks later, it refuses to give up. 


There are so many things in our world that seem broken, that seem without hope. 
Please, don’t give up! 

Give them the support that they need. 
Move with the gentleness that is required and lift them with the strength they deserve. 
Broken branches can be healed, 
New life can spring up! 
Trim back the unhealthy parts. Pick off the pesky insects. Pull out the weeds that are stealing the nutrients. 
But don’t break off the branch. 
Don’t give up. 

No comments: