Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Thursday, June 11, 2020

Wait

 I think that what God asks of me, more than anything, is to wait. When I am feeling impatient or unimportant I love to think about Jesus’ first 30 years on earth. He had the power of God, yet He was a simple carpenter. He had the vision of God, yet He lived in a small village and watched people live and die, marry and give birth, create and destroy ... boring, “normal” life. He wasn’t teaching. He wasn’t working miracles. He wasn’t changing the world. He was waiting. He was living the life that I want to live.


 I love the “old” version, the NKJV, but this new version, The Passion Translation, really struck me as well.

“Here’s what I’ve learned through it all: Don’t give up; don’t be impatient; be entwined as one with the Lord. Be brave and courageous, and never lose hope. Yes, keep on waiting—for he will never disappoint you!”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭27:14‬ ‭TPT‬‬

 So, when you feel like God isn’t asking anything important of you, remember that Jesus spent 30 years simply waiting. Then He still did everything He was meant to do. He still accomplished everything He meant to accomplish.
 But first He waited.
 I am not saying to sit on your backside and do nothing...just don’t jump into something when God is saying “be still”. Don’t simply repeat the good words around you when He is saying “be quiet”. There are plenty of things to do, right where you are, while you are waiting for the “big thing”.
 Be friendly to the grocery bagger and the cashier. Say “have a nice day” (and mean it) to the person at the bank, the gas station and the day care center. Smile with your eyes, even though your mouth is covered with a protective germ mask and can’t be seen. Give away your money, even if it is only $5, because God can use that. Love your neighbor.
 Love.
 Love.
 Love.
 Be Jesus in his first 30 years.

No comments: