Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Life stories...

I have been playing around on Facebook tonight and linked to a group of former Shorter students. Check out the link http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=11263359004
I have really enjoyed reading about where different people have ended up, especially spiritually. I am so impressed by the things that God is doing in the lives of people that I had no hope for. It is amazing what HE can do, after he breaks us. It is awe inspiring what can happen when we stop trying to do everything, ANYTHING, on our own, and just wait on HIM. This is going to sound very negative, but I had very little hope for the Christian Ministry majors during my time at Shorter. I knew they were learning lots of interesting Greek, and theology, but I had not seen much "ministry". Thankfully, God sees a lot farther than I, and had huge, amazing, wonderful things for some amazing men and women, and those amazing men and women came through. I am humbled by my lack of faith in them. I guess when it all boils down, it was a lack of faith in God. He called them... I should have trusted that He would shape them too! I feel like a cheerleader... Go God!!! Yeah!
I just re-read this before posting, and I am afraid it sounds like I think I was more mature, more in touch with God, more something, while I was in college. I truly don't mean it to sound that way. I just knew of too many people that were too worried about rules and regulations, and were convinced to forget about grace and mercy. I am so glad to see that grace and mercy and simply loving are priorities for them.
I should go to sleep before I say something stupid. I hope this makes sense!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I understand what you mean....I have thought similar things throughout my life when someone would step up and say "God has called me to ________" and with limited human sight would think "Oh really...you?! ha ha!" well, that's what typically happens...even in the Bible...God usually doesn't choose the one who already has it together....He challenges one who will need to be molded to His precise calling. Amazing....a good testimony "For the Glory of Your Name" to reference my blog :)