Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Awesomeness

 Don't you love it when you are reading the Bible and it seems like it was written just for you.

 Surprise! It was!

 I forget that sometimes. I know it is full of wisdom, and teaches anyone anything they need to know. Even those who don't want to follow Jesus, to have Him in their heart, can have a much happier and fulfilling life if they read and "follow the tips" in God's word.

 But for those of us who have laid down our lives, our pride, our right to decide for ourselves what our next step will be - well it is more then just some words on a page. It is a guide book for every step, and it was written JUST FOR US.

 Just for me.

 Just for Andy.

 Just for my sons, and my parents, and my siblings.

 And just for you.

 The words are exactly the same, every time I read it. They don't change. But every time I pick it up, even when I have read it over and over, there is something new there. God is speaking to me, personally, through words that were transferred to paper (or something similar) thousands of years ago.

 I hate to sound like a circa 90's teenager, but "How awesome is that?"

 Matthew 6 has been brought to my attention several times in the last few days. Anyone who grew up in the church, even just for a small portion of their childhood probably heard most of Matthew 6. It is a portion of the Sermon on the Mount. It includes the Lord's prayer, a fabulous section on not worrying,  and one of the most common scriptures for children to memorize. "But seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things will be added unto you."

 Those are truths I have know, well, forever. I tend to take them for granted. And yet, God can still speak to me through the Sermon on the Mount.

 I guess what I am trying to say is, Don't quit expecting revelation. Don't get stuck in a routine (remember my confession about habits?) that leaves no room for God to speak. Instead, beg for new lessons, huge lessons, scary in their accuracy but amazing lessons every single day.

 Most of all, just read. Even if it seems like the same old thing some days. Keep reading. There is so much truth just waiting - over and over again, in the same words. Totally awesome! - and truthfully, only God can truly fit that description!

Blessings, 

No comments: