Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Wednesday, October 31, 2012

The end of the season

Soccer, soccer, soccer.

 It has felt at times recently that we have lived and breathed soccer. Most of the time we enjoyed it. But honestly, I am so happy for the season to be over that I could almost, well, I don't know what I could almost do, but that is what you are suppose to say. Almost scream? Almost cry? Almost pee your pants?
 Either way, I am undeniably relieved to have reached the end.

I am one of those annoying moms who brings their own camera to the "official" picture day.... then doesn't buy any. Sorry professional people. I don't mean to be hateful - just cheap!



It is a big field, and my camera isn't that fancy, but I got a few good shots of Canaan. 

Before the haircut

 He may be defense, but he can be encouragement too!
 Stop that ball!
And make sure nothing has disturbed the new "fauxhawk" - hair is everything, don't you know!

 The Power Rangers
A little close to be the "official" picture, but I like seeing his adorable face!

And Zion -
 This is one of my favorite shots - an entire row of children. 
Just running. 
Chasing a ball. 
In a line. 
He loves to be in motion.
 Zion getting to throw the ball in,
 and for anyone who knows the rules of soccer... the fact that I can see his head wayyyy above the other children's... oops! (both feet are supposed to stay on the ground- but at that age they don't call them out on it) At least he is enthusiastic!
My Zi, the little care-giver. This picture is so blurry, but I love to see his kind heart!
He just looks so serious.
The cheering section (or sideline coach, depending on the moment) who avoids the camera like the plague.

It was fun. It was busy. It was exciting. It is over.
Life is good.

Hope you are entering your Thanksgiving season with something peaceful like the end of soccer season to be thankful for!

Blessings, 

No comments: