Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Wednesday, March 01, 2017

How I got here

 I was reading through old blog posts this weekend and somehow ended up in 2010.
 That is only 7 years ago, not ancient history. 
 But, at the same time, seven years is a long time, 
 So very much has changed. 

 At the beginning of 2010 my boys were 4 and 6, which is very, very different than 11 and 13. 

 Andy was still an AF enlisted crew chief, working the swing shift. 

 I was still mourning the loss of a child, then the loss of another child, and hoping for another chance. 

 I am so very glad that I wrote it all down.

 Here's the thing- we forget.
 The memories are there, in the background, but we don't pay attention to them. The events of right now take precedence.

 Which is expected, and normal, and nothing to be upset about... but still sad. Because we learn. We grow. We become better, and stronger, and more. Then we forget how we got here, and why we are who we are.

 We forget about the amazing miracles God made happen.

 We forget about the moments that made us laugh so much we cried, and the moments that we cried so much the tears almost overwhelmed.

 Almost... but didn't.

 We forget about the things that were completely unknown, just a foggy idea, lost somewhere in the future - because now they are known, and accepted, and taken for granted.

 I found a post in May of 2010 where I was talking about remembering, about reading old words and learning from them.

 It seems I have discovered this lesson before, and written this blog post before. 😊
Will I never learn?

 I am trying.
 Trying to remember.
 Trying to appreciate.
 Trying to learn.

 I will just keep repeating that I am so very, very glad that I wrote it all down.

 That is the encouragement of the week - write it down my friends.
 It doesn't have to be a blog, or Facebook, or even a journal. Post-it notes and the margins of my Bible have held quite a bit of history as well, and can do the same for you. When something hurts, vent it onto notepaper. When something is so exciting you can hardly handle the anticipation, transfer it onto a colorful, decorated, enthusiastic notepad. When scripture calls out to you, copy it, and carry it with you.
 Write it down. Let it out.

 Then, hours, days or weeks later, maybe even years or decades later, and hopefully more then once, go back and look at it again and remember.
 Remember and celebrate.
 You are who you are, and where you are, because of your past. There are always hurts, always mistakes, always dark moments. But they made you into you.
 Remember and celebrate.

Be blessed, (and seeing that blessings is a choice!) 
Bethany

No comments: