Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Saturday, November 16, 2019

An army of knights

"Do not be conquered by evil, but conquer evil with good." 
Romans 12:21 HCSB


 When I hear words like "conquer" I think of knights in shining armor. Someone strong, and powerful and ready to fight. Someone brave. 
 Conquer seems such a powerful word. 
 It sounds so much bigger then just "beat"...but really, that is all that it is. 
 "Beat". 
 How do we beat evil? With the opposite of evil - kind and gentle and good and patient. 
 It sounds easy when you say it that way. Why are we as humans such failures at beating evil, at conquering the bad all around us? 
 I think it is often because we want to do it by ourselves, without help. That sin, of being self-centric even in matters of good, is the sin that destroys so much. Alone makes us weak.
 My challenge today is for you to share. Conquer evil with good by allowing someone else to carry some of the burden. Beat evil with kindness by simply listening, then sharing, then listening and sharing again.  
 Please, don't be a knight alone. Be brave and join an army of knights, working together. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am here for you my friend. Love you!

Tricia said...

Tonight at church we talked about synergy-those times when 1+1 doesn’t equal 2 but much more. In the scriptures He said 1 can put 1000 to flight, but 2 can put 10000. It’s also true sometimes in nature. There are horses that can pull an average of 8000 pounds but two yoked together can pull 24000, more if they are connected emotionally from having been together for life. This burden you are carrying is heavy but together we can do it. I love you sweet friend.