Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Monday, November 18, 2019

More than enough

“‘All we have here are five loaves and two fish.’ they replied.” 
Matthew 14:17


“All we have here”...

 I suppose most of us know this story. People had come to hear Jesus teach, out in the countryside. They had been out there all day, listening to Him share truth and being excited about someone who spoke love and forgiveness.
 But the daylight was fading and the people had realized it was time to eat. Past time.
Jesus told his disciples, the people who followed Him non-stop, that they should feed the crowd. And their response was “all we have here” is not enough. We can’t. It is impossible. How could You even suggest that?

 How often do I do that? How often do I suggest that perhaps I know better than He does? I know more, surely, because “all I have” could not possibly be enough.

 Five loaves and two fish was enough to feed the crowd. Thousands of people satisfied, with leftovers to take home. It was not just enough, it was MORE than enough.

 More than enough.

 Be blessed my friends as you celebrate that. All that you have to offer is more than enough. You just have to offer it.

1 comment:

Kayla Sullivan said...

Great read thaanks