Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Friday, May 06, 2022

Choose what you see

 You can’t always get what you want… but as The Rolling Stones say, you get what you need. 

 I have to be reminded of that sometimes. That line, sung by a drug addled group of hippies who I disagree with on most points of life, called out to me today. My amazing Savior used their words to speak His truth. Isn’t it beautiful how He does that? 

 Here is the simple truth- what I “want” isn’t happening a lot recently. 

 I am caught in a complicated question- when is “fighting for what you want” no longer good? How long are you suppose to push for what seems right before you simply say “I must be wrong”? 

 But as God, and The Rolling Stones, reminded me today, I have what I need. 

 There are multiple unanswered questions in the lives of Bethany and Andy right now, but we have a roof over our head, delicious food in the pantry, and each other. 

 We are amazingly blessed to have Zion right here with us and Canaan able to call multiple times a week. Both of our moms are near by and many priceless family and friends are within reach. 

 I can’t always get what I want. 

 I don’t even know for sure which things I am suppose to fight for and which things I am suppose to let go. 

But….


 I am Oh So Amazingly Blessed!!

 Remember to count your blessings too my friends.

 Find the good. 

See the beautiful. 

 Make that choice. 

 I am asking for your prayers my friends. There are unanswered questions and decisions for the Freeman crew. Always… but it seems heavy right now. 

In the meantime…


“Again I say, rejoice!”

 Be blessed my friends! Make the choice to see the good, every step of the way!  

2 comments:

Karen said...

Your well chosen and profound words always bless me! How I miss the old blogging days!

Andysbethy said...

I miss them too! But, I am so glad to have those old blog posts to look back on. It was a diary with pictures. :) God was so gracious to have given us words when we needed them!
Do you still write Ms Karen? Send me a link.