Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Thursday, January 31, 2008

A Treasure Hunt




Andy made a treasure map for the kids on Monday night. When they woke up on Tuesday it was waiting for them on the table. We had a fabulous time searching for our treasure. The booty was quickly consumed (fruit snacks) and divvied out (quarters and pennies were shared with a local crisis pregnancy center). The satisfied Pirates moved on to other activities, but the treasure map was definitely a big hit.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Awwww! That is so cute! I love the outfits...how fun!

Marcy said...

That is a very fun thing to do! How creative of Andy! Bethany, I love reading your blog!
Love,
Marcy

Chrissy said...

That is a terrific idea. Andy can be so creative. I know the kiddies had a blast.
Love you,
Christina

Maryluvschocolate said...

They are soooo freaken adorable. I miss you guys so much. I'm used to you coming up here like every other weekend. So are you going to FL. with us cause you should. If not we are kidnapping Canaan..mauwww. Love ya...give the boys hugs and kisses for me :)

Unknown said...

hey, I just saw your comment! I don't have a messenger thingee to talk to you on here, but we should, that would be a way to save minutes! lol
I just added to my blog for today, and I knew while I was doing it you would be commenting since you just commented on our Disney blog!
anyway, hopefully we will get to talk when the boys get through gossiping about their electronics.

Kelsey and Travis said...

I remember doing stuff like that all the time when we were kids. That was like the best ever. Andy is so GREAT!!! I bet the kids had a blast.
Can't wait to see you in a few week.
Kels