Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Tuesday, January 15, 2008

What a day, and it's not even over yet...

You know how sometimes your day is so completely annoying, unbelievably frustrating and shockingly crazy that first you cry and then you can only laugh? I am having one of those days. Truly, none of the events of the day are that bad, if they happened one at a time. But all of them in one day, in a row... well it about has pushed me over the edge.
First I overslept - I forgot to set my alarm, but woke up on my own only a little late, so no biggie. Emma came right on time, and I realized then that I forgot to get the "small" booster seat out of Andy's truck. So, I had to stuff three full size car seats into my car. (a very fuel efficient, holds all I really need, but not big on extra room, Toyota Matrix) Annoying, but not impossible. I worked out this morning, and got a shower without any mishaps, which isn't an easy feat when you have to leave three children unattended while you wash your hair. Thank goodness for "The Magic Schoolbus". Safe, educational, and holds the attention of all three for a full 10 minutes.
Anyway, I got myself, and all three kids dressed, and in the car, with only a small fight over shoes, and a medium sized argument with the buckle on Canaan's big booster. Then I realized that between unlocking my car in order to put the car seats in, and actually getting in the car, my keys had disappeared. Gone. Looked everywhere I could think of - nothing. So, I took the extra key off the hook in the kitchen and headed out. By this time we were running about 15 minutes late. I got to base, found Andy and got his set of keys (so that I would have a key to the house, and the clicker for the car) and went to the commissary. We finished with groceries in record time, ate lunchables in the car on the way home, dropped off the groceries without getting the kids out of the car, and went straight to the library for story time. At some point in time along this journey the terrifying thought had flashed through my mind "what if I left the keys on top of the car?" So, all the way home I stopped extra long at each stop sign, scanned the ground along the road, and actually got out of the car once to check if something along the side was maybe my keys. Still nothing..
Story time was great. The kids checked out some fun books, and Canaan got his own library card, since mine was on my key chain and currently unavailable. As soon as we got home I got the kids out of the car and started unbuckling the carseats, hoping that the keys were under one of them. About 60 second later, Zion meanders out of the garage, carrying my keys. I still don't know where he found them, but Hurray, they were found. When he brought them to me, I dropped them into my purse, and immediately thought.... "I need to make sure I put Andy's keys back on his dresser, and the extra key back on the hook. It would be awful if I lost my purse with all three sets of keys in it". Now, with that foreshadowing, can you tell the next part of the story? Seriously, why didn't I? I totally should have seen it coming. I am still kicking myself. As I unloaded diaper bags, library books, etc, little Emma climbed into the drivers seat, pushed the lock button, climbed out, and closed the door. With my purse inside. With all three sets of keys inside. I even have one of those credit card sized keys, but it is in my wallet, in my purse, inside the locked car, with all three of the other keys to my car. First I kicked the car, then I cried. Then I laughed and laughed and laughed. I keep praying for God to miraculously unlock the door. So far nothing, but I can hope, can't I? I had called Andy just minutes after I got home to tell him the keys were found. I had to call him back just minutes later to tell him that all three sets of keys were locked in the car. He just laughed his head off.
Andy just called to say he is on his way home, and will try to break into the car with one of those flat things that stick between the window. I am going to call our insurance company to see if they have any recommendations. I'll let ya'll know how this turns out.
For now, I am going to just keep laughing... hopefully!

No comments: