Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Friday, July 11, 2008

A little bit of GREEN

My friend Carrie has very graciously lived with my "green" nudges for years now. So, whenever she sees something "green" she thinks of me. She sent me this link, and I must say that I was very impressed by this blog. Being green is so "trendy" that I think some Christians reject it outright, merely because it is popular. God commanded us to take care of the beautiful earth he created FOR US. I don't see how being trendy would in any way negate that commandment. I love THE MESSAGE translation of Gen 1:28. God blessed them: "Prosper! Reproduce! Fill Earth! Take charge! Be responsible for fish in the sea and birds in the air, for every living thing that moves on the face of Earth." Responsible is a HUGE word, and I can't help but respect it. 
 Anyway, check out the link, and try to read it with an open heart and ears tuned to God's still quiet voice. You never know what God is going to use to speak to your heart. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So, I had a comment ready earlier but I had to go really quickly...so...anyway.
We are trying, we have our bins set up, but aren't too consistent about taking the stuff when they get full, so then, with nowhere to put the stuff....well...
What has got me thinking more is the thought of all the electronics and appliances. If I throw away a paper bag, well, that will eventually decompose...the same with food or stuff like that.
But, GRACIOUS...what about that dryer in our basement?? What about that other dryer Corey already took off? Now, THAT is a scary thought...where will it go? What is an alternative?
I think so many people throw stuff out because they just don't know what else to do with it.
I know I can take my cardboard and plastic and all, but what about the "junk" that doesn't have a bin at the recycling center? Educate us please!!