Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Friday, July 25, 2008

Nothing new...

I keep meaning to give an update, but there really isn't anything new to say. I have continued to have "episodes" every day this week, some days less, some days more. (yesterday was the worst, with 4... today only 1) I was at the Cardiologist on Thursday, and he didn't think that my heart is causing the problems. He said my heart murmur was very noticeable, but that has been the case for the last 5 years or so. (when I was a baby, the doctor told my Mom I would probably outgrow it, and it was never mentioned or noticed for the next 23 years, but when I was pregnant with Canaan it got louder, and has stayed that way ever since). The Cardiologist has ordered an echo, and will fit me with an event monitor in a few weeks, but I am not really expecting anything from that end. I had an echo when  I was pregnant with Canaan, and again with Zion, and my heart has not yet had any problems functioning, just an annoying "squeak". (I just think that is hilarious... the cardiologist called my murmur a "squeak"). There was a suggestion that perhaps the odd heart beat during the "episodes" is merely adreneline. (sp??) 
 I am going to the Neurologist on Tuesday. Hopefully he will find something in my brain to blame, and have a suggestion as to how to fix it. In the meantime, I don't drive, or operate other heavy machinery, so I feel fairly safe.  I am adjusting to moments of inability to function. They still exhaust me, but give me a few minutes to giggle, (one of the strangest, and most uncontrollable, parts of the whole thing) a few minutes to shiver, and about 20 minutes to rest, and I am back to my normal self. I can still function fairly normally during the rest of the day, so I have little to complain about. I spend large portions of the day dizzy, but after having diabetes for 16 years, I am pretty good at functioning while dizzy. I am currently dizzy for a different reason the diabetes, but the adjustments to daily life are pretty similar! 
 I HATE not knowing, but I am adjusting, for the moment, and will just take it one day at a time. 
 Thank you all, a thousand times, for all the prayers, hugs, phone calls and happy thoughts.  They are greatly appreciated. I will try to keep this page updated. 

4 comments:

Marcy said...

Bethany,

Can you email me with your address and phone number? I am terrible, but I don't know where they are!

Unknown said...

hey! On your "dashboard" it should say how many posts you have. This is how I have been noticing it creep closer to 100.
I hope you get some NEWS tomorrow! Some news you can USE! Sorry, it's late ha ha...so corny!
I wish you could come to our open house, but anytime you come we have open house! ha! I need to go to bed!

Kelly said...

We're praying for you!
Strange about the heart murmur - I had one when I was born, too, and I swear it came back while I was pregnant with Mikayla. But I went to the cardiologist, had to wear the 24 hour monitor, and of course, nothing showed up in those 24 hours. And then I had a rash from wearing the stupid thing, for the next week! So they never could diagnose anything, but I'm certain that it came back.

Anonymous said...

I'm waiting impatiently to hear how your appointment went today......

Naomi