Who writes this stuff?

My photo

I am happily married to an amazing military man who spent 9 years enlisted and is now an Officer in the US Army. We have two amazing boys who are not so little any more! They still infuse every moment of every day with creativity and energy, and make my life an adventure.  I was educated at home, and am now teaching our children - second generation homeschoolers! I try every day to become more like Jesus Christ, and to love like HE does. If you want you can try and catch me at bethylovesandy@yahoo.com

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV 
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."

Verse of the day

Monday, July 14, 2008

Long week...

It seems like last week was very LONG. I am worn out just from thinking about it! We went camping at Indian Springs (which is the oldest state park in the country) with my family for the 4th. It really wasn't too hot, and it only rained twice and we managed to escape the bugs fairly well, so overall I would say it was a successful camping trip. Mom and I managed to hit up an outlet mall and find some good deals, and Andy took a dare, ate ants, and made $20, so even beyond the realm of camping, it was a great weekend. Then, on Sat. night, after my boys were already asleep, Mom, Dad and the girls went for a walk and I was sitting around the campfire with Andy and Kevin (Emilee's husband). For some reason, I just blacked out. I have had to explain it to several doctors, and the best way I think to describe it is that I felt like my body was a computer, and someone just switched the power button to off, then right back to on. Everything stopped, and it felt like EVERYTHING, my heart, my lungs, my sight for just a split second. Then, like a computer, it took me several minutes to "boot up" again. Andy says that afterward I was talking strange, something about aliens, but I don't remember that part. Maybe I was saying it felt like my body was not mine or something? I don't really remember several minutes there. I don't think Andy or Kevin really knew that something had happened, and I didn't want to make a big deal about it. I checked my blood sugar, and it was fine, so I just kind of assumed I had inhaled too much bug spray and campfire smoke and ignored it. 
 Unfortunately, it happened again the next day, and this time it was daylight, with everyone watching, so there was no denying that it happened! Since we were about to leave the campground and go home, we were all standing around saying goodbye. No one wanted to let me drive after that, so poor Mary had to drive my car and stay Monday at our house while Andy took me to the doctor. That was pretty much a wasted trip. I had to go to an off base doctor, because the base was closed for a long holiday (thus, Andy was able to come with me to the doctor) and now I cannot figure out how to get ahold of the results of the blood work they did, and the base clinic has not received the results either. It has been a whole week since I last "blacked out", and I am beginning to think that the whole thing was just a fluke. This morning I got sort of dizzy and I thought that I might do it again, but I sat really still, closed my eyes and focused on breathing, and now I am fine. So, maybe it is something I can control, if I know the warning signs? 
 I am supposed to go to the doctor again on Wednesday, on base this time, and they will probably run all the same tests again. Maybe I will get the results this time! It is really funny, in a sad sort of way. I have been SO PROUD that after over 16 years with diabetes, it has never caused me to pass it out. Now I had to go and pass out anyway, and I don't even know why. That is totally not fair to my pride! 
 Anyway, on top of all that, I had to be at the hospital Tue and Wed for some testing that was already planned for my Graves disease, which is basically just an overactive thyroid. It has been in remission for the last year, but has decided to act up again now. 
 And, on top of all that, Andy managed to dreadfully and drastically hurt my feelings. He won't like me telling people that, because he has apologized and worked very hard to make it better, but the emotional "side effects" of that have added to the length of the last week. Just don't mention it to him, okay?! I really don't like being "emotional", or being sick, so having both in the same week was quite annoying and tiring! 
 But, it is a new week now. I know that God has good things planned. I will take it one day at a time, and enjoy every minute for what it holds. That is all I, or anyone really, can ask for. One more minute to be appreciative. Please, appreciate life... 


mom0ktdid said...

Awww...it sounds so bad reading it altogether right here!
We NEED a day out together and a night of playing board games! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE come! :)
I am praying you will take care of yourself and get this all checked out. You need to read over this post as though it is about someone else, a friend, or your sister and think what you would tell them to do! Be SURE you get to the bottom of this...for everyone's sake involved here! :)

Marcy said...

Bethany, that is really scary. Please keep us updated! I will be praying for you. I agree with Carrie that you should definitely make sure they get to the bottom of all of this. You should take it seriously, but don't worry so much you make yourself sick worrying...that won't help either.