Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Life Changing Day

Yesterday was a big, huge, life changing day for my Canaan.

Or maybe more for me. He doesn't seem to be that affected...

He got glasses.

My camera battery was dead yesterday by the time I thought to take a picture, so these had to wait until today.

He complied for the first few shots, but then he just wanted me to leave him alone...

so he could watch Daddy play his new game.

Hurray for "repackaged" markdowns at Target!
Game, plus extra controller for less then the price of the game.
Thank you Carrie & Corey, Kelsey & Travis. Your Graduation gift money has already been greatly appreciated!

You should have seen this boy punching and ducking and dodging, like he was 10 years old again.

In the meantime - our son with the glasses proudly proclaimed tonight when it was bath time
"Mommy, I wore my glasses all day today! "
(because yesterday he kept taking them off and "forgetting where they were")
"Am I supposed to wear them in the shower?"

4 comments:

Carrie said...

AW, that's the sweetest thing! So happy Andy got something fun for all his hard work on earning that degree!

So funny that he asked if he was supposed to wear them in the shower! ha ha! Can't wait to hear updates about what he notices now with his new eyes!

Karen said...

Love Canaan's glasses...can't wait to see what Katie has to say about them....

Tricia said...

Too cute!

Kelsey and Travis said...

I love the pictures. Make sure to tell Canaan how handsome he looks in his new glasses. So glad that Andy is having fun and bringing Joy to you and Canaan which also then brings joy to me and others when we get to read about it :)You make me smile. I love you!!!!!!