Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Wednesday, February 05, 2020

The next step

A small moment of truth, that I don’t really want to share, but think I am supposed to. 
You never reach perfect. 
Duh. 
You all know that. 
But have you accepted it? 
God is not done with you. 
God will never be done with you. 

God is not “done” with me.
God will never be “done” with me. 
I don’t get to find my purpose and just be good at it. 
I have to keep learning, and keep growing, and keep letting HIM lead. 

Some days that is harder than others. 
Spiritually and physically.

I am struggling with words. 
I want to have depth, and meaning, and bring growth to your life. 
I want God to use me dramatically.
I want to have a purpose that changes the world. 

 Instead, I have a headache, and some fear of what comes next. 

This is what comes next.


Next Friday, Valentine’s Day, we move to the next test. 
The week in the hospital revealed a lot, but some of it brought new questions. 
How much of my brain do I use? (Perhaps more than they expected?)
How much of it can I afford to do without?
Definitely questions I want to know the answer to before we decide to cut part out. 

On a happier note:
Last day with staples! 
Don’t they look cool?
27 of them, all over my head, ready to come out tomorrow!
Rejoice in the Lord always, again I say, rejoice!
Philippians 4:4

Make that choice.
Accept that you aren’t perfect, Spiritually or physically.
Then get those staples yanked out and take the next step, rejoicing as you go!
Be blessed my friends!

2 comments:

Keith said...

You have such a beautiful spirit!!

I want to be like you when I grow up!!

Kelli said...

Love you so much!